Download SB51G (FB51)
Freqently asked questions (FAQ)
Subchapters: Related Links | Full system configuration | BIOS CPU clock display | Flash BIOS update | DDR333 with 400 FSB | Realtek AvRack software | Hardware compatibility |
Links concerning this chapter:
Is the SB51G capable of having most ports/slot occupied as a full system?
Base on Shuttle "Full Loading" test standard, the SB51G is tested with benchmark software for over 3 days with following installed:
- Model: SB51G
- BIOS: fb51s035
- CPU: P4 3.06GHz FSB 533MHz
- Memory: A-DATA DDR400 (PC 3200) 512MB * 2
- HDD: Western Digital WD1200JB
- DVD-ROM: SONY DRU-510A DVD+RW
- USB device: Shuttle PC12 - USB2.0 card reader
- AGP card: ATi Radeon 9800 PRO (Build by ATi)
- PCI card: Hauppauge TV Tuner card
- Operating System: Windows XP Pro. + Service Pack 1
BIOS CPU clock display
Why is "CPU Clock" under Frequency/Voltage Control in the CMOS Setup Utility can only go up to 132MHz, not as manual mentioned as 165MHz?
If FSB 100MHz(400MHz) CPU is installed, the CPU Clock range is from 100MHz to 132MHz. If FSB 133MHz(533MHz) CPU is installed, the CPU Clock range is from 133MHz to 165MHz.
I am unable to update/flash BIOS, why?
Please check jumper on JP4 first. If no jumper is installed, please add a jumper cap onto pin2 and pin3. If a jumper installed on pin1 and pin2, please remove it and install onto pin2 and pin3.
DDR333 with 400 FSB
How can I run my DDR333 (PC2700) memory module at 333MHz while using Intel CPU with FSB 100 (400) MHz?
According to Intel chipset specification
a) FSB 400 MHz and DDR 200 supported.
b) FSB 400/533 MHz and DDR 266 supported.
c) FSB 533 MHz and DDR 333 supported.
and standard design guide:
1. When using CPU with FSB 100(400) MHz, DDR can only run DDR333(PC2700) at 266MHz.
2. When using CPU with FSB 133(533) MHz, DDR333(PC2700) can run both 266MHz and 333MHz.
Realtek AvRack software
When I use Avance Sound Manager's Realtek AP (AvRack) under programs file to play VCD, then my system hang. How can it be solved?
1. Please download this Realtek AP patch file.
2. After that, please unzip the patch file and find the following location:
In Windows operating system: please go to my computer => Local Disk (Ex: C:\) => Program Files (Ex: C:\Program Files) => AvRack (Ex: C:\Program Files\AvRack)
3. Finally, move (copy) the new AP patch file into the AvRack folder. Click ¡§Yes¡¨ when the message box asks overwrite (replace) the original file.